View post (Hello guys from a 63 year old Irishman.)

View thread

raynobleman
raynobleman
10/26/2020 6:02 pm

I am 63 year old Irish man just now giving it time to play guitar I have had a few lessons on acoustic guitar and have owned a beautiful cedarwood acoustic guitar for over thirty years It was said to me by a teacher I could make a good guitarist? but I never could make time, life always got in the way? Now I retired early moved to Poland over a year ago, and I have bought a Yamaha APX 600 Vintage White Electro-Acoustic Guiitar and bought a months tutoral of Guitar Tricks to get started and learn this time. My guitar will arrive tomorrow or Wednesday from Germany so I intent to get started when it arrive.

To be able to sing or have a couple of notes in your head would be a great advanage but I have never sung really, I feel it would boost my confidence no end to learn to sing and learning acoustic guitar need you to sing a little?

I now understand every one of us can sing no matter when you start at 63 or 9 years old? OK, the quality will not be the same as starting out at 9 but yes you can sing, everyone can sing so I have been told?

That is one of the things that stopped me proceeding into music, but now I am more determine in myself to learn and with this virus shutting down everything I feel it is a good time to focus and start?

So I await my guitar?

yours

Raymond.