View post (must all things pass?!)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
10/21/2020 4:29 pm

love GT! I have even stood up for it's annoying use of captacha. However it is a horrible program!! It does not make sense, it's photos are very small, highly pixelated, and difficult to read. It asks questions that suggest the authors do not speak English well enough to competently judge the answers they receive. It really seems dumb to continually waste time trying to argue with a machine that does not speak the language! I believe Jerry Jeff Walker summed it up with the song refrain "Pissing in the wind"

A couple of days ago I was denied access, by captcha, to the forum without identifying the "hills". I studied the fuzzy photos closely and marked the photos of hills. There was a Freeway embankment in one of the photos.

I grew up in L.A., "under the shade of a Freeway" and I know the difference between a hill and a man made freeway embankment. Hell I grew up playing in freeway construction sites after the workers went home.... I know what an embankment is!! Yet captcha locked me out because I didn't identify the embankment as a hill. ONE IS A MAN MADE CONSTRUCTION PROJECT AND THE OTHER IS A NATURAL GEOLOGICAL FORMATION!!! Yet I am locked out?! Is captcha supposed to be a funny way of saying "got you"?! Well they are capturing your paying customers and pissing them off.

[br]If this program is the only thing standing between us and a bot invasion, I don't have much hope for the outcome. I would love to continue with Guitar Tricks, but captcha is annoying, disabling, and stupid. Having read similar complaints from others on the forum I know I am not alone in this assessment. I would love to continue with GT but I need to hear that you hear that this program is a PIA for us, your paying customers. Maybe you can't replace it immediately, but you could accept that captcha is a pain that needs replacing. You could state that you accept this fact. If so I would be very enthusiastic about remaining a paying customer.

snojones

Captcha is a total pain in the........