View post (Any Good Rats Fans ?)

View thread

ZoeKitty
ZoeKitty
01/03/2003 1:12 am
I am shocked to see that you say the Good Rats were "musically nothing special". I grew up on the Rats, as my father was a huge fan back in the day- sneaking into clubs and bars at 16 in 1973, getting into the shows any way he could. I listened to "Tasty" and "Birth Comes To Us All" constantly when I was very young, and grew up to still hold dear the music of my youth. And it DOES have its merits, my friend. Peppi has some god-given amazing vocal skills, as well as a gift for writing. And, might I add, at 59 years old, the man still has what it takes. And his sons- my god- the talent couldn't be any laid on any thicker in that family. Stefan on drums is absolutely amazing. Gene on lead guitar and vocals is breathtaking. I started seeing the band play in 2001 when I "found" them in Rochester by chance, and have been hooked on going to shows since. I find it disturbing that you find nothing special in the Rats music, especially as a "fan"! Maybe you should look 'em up sometime- they're still playing- and rediscover what it was back in the 70's that drew you to them in the first place. Right now his boys are doing shows alone, as Peppi is recovering from heart surgery, but he is optimistic that he'll be back to his music, so to speak, by March. If you're interested, visit my website: http://www.geocities.com/jdgancio
Anyway, just my two cents- until later, Rat on.... ~*ZoeKitty*~

"Screw you guys, I'm goin' home!" -Cartman