View post (finger issues with pentatonic scale)

View thread

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
10/08/2020 1:00 am

Thanks everyone for the help! Well, i do tinker around on YouTube and one of the guys on there GuitarSage is his name Erich Andreas, i was looking for 'scale' videos to learn a bit and found one he was doing teaching 'know one guitar scale know them all' He was doing that in this video. I will check out the tutorial you suggested Christopher thank you! I actually looked further into YouTube and found a guy who discussed 'secrets' to stretching the hands and said it is not a problem with my hand. Actually, with regards to the arthritis, it is mild and i have found playing the guitar has helped my fingers. I mentioned this in this context because i thought with my pinky wanting to go one way and it's supposed to go the other, maybe it's anotomical?? I am very interested in getting an electric guitar too and will purchase one, and the suggestion is great Christopher! My uncle is a professional musician, acoustic, and i got in touch with him and he will be checking out my guitar, changing the strings back to my preferred and check the set up. So that solution is in the works. I am so new, and want to learn not just to 'play songs' but everything the guitar has to offer and what it's about and scales included in that. Do i know fully what playing scales will do for me in the world of guitar playing and music, not even close, so i can't answer your question the what are your goals with music in the context of wanting to learn scales. i feel quite able physically and trusted this youtuber and what he was teaching. think i'll stick to Guitar Tricks for these fundamental things, so i appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Any other tutorials on this site for beginner scales? tx all for your patience with me!