View post (Barre chord question)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
10/02/2020 8:18 pm

Sticking up for guitars and delving further into the rediculious....

Keytars an exercise in failed ideas. Nothing cool about giving up an entire hand of fingers in an attempt to look cool. Just try playing with your teeth or behind your back!! Ever seen a pianist throw their ax into their amplifier druing a performance?! That and the fact it doesn't even look like a guitar! Wow, look at me I just gave up half my available notes and I still can't do a windmill strums like Pete Townsend. Isn't that the very definition of a poser?! enough said.

Not to say the piano players are anything but cool. Ray Charles, Elton, Billy, Carol King, and Jerry Lee never lacked for cool. Yes, the piano has the C scale very clearly laid out and it has a very cool percussive sound. It is easier to learn the names of the notes because there are just about half as many choices and they are laid out in black and white. There is a reason they teach university throry classes around the piano.

However just try and transpose anything into the key of F# or Bb, on the fly and you will see where the strength of the guitar neck comes into play. Piano requires an entirely new fingering to deal with varrious diffrent musical keys. Talk about confusing..... I fear there are scarry theory based double sharps and flats lying in wait just beyond the first measure of that project. Dean Wormer would be proud.

Captcha is a total pain in the........