American Standard

manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
09/25/2020 2:13 am

Since first becoming aware of him over five decades ago, I've always enjoyed James Taylor's body of work as much as I remain in awe of his talent as a guitarist, songwriter and performer.

James not long ago released an eponymous album entitled "American Standard", covers of timeless popular songs in his style. Unsurprisingly, this project too is a superb body of work.

I greatly enjoyed it and though some of you unaware of his You Tube channel might too.

Set autoplay, and his entire "American Standard" album can be enjoyed/listened to starting here.

Enjoy!

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/25/2020 2:50 am

JT's channel is a fun place to get a few guitar lessons from the guy who wrote the songs.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
manXcat
Full Access
manXcat
Full Access
09/25/2020 3:14 am

I haven't attempted any of his tutes yet. Busy with completing competencies of other (Rock) objectives I've set myself before the year is out. JT tutes are def on the list for 'someday' should I live long enough, although his guitar skillls alone are intimidating.

He's a thoughful, smart man, so little doubt his tutes will be well thought through and presented. What I've seen of his YT site to date I really enjoy.

[br]Have you explored any of his song tutes yet? Your thoughts?

# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
09/27/2020 11:41 pm

My thoughts were much like yours... not now, maybe later.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.