View post (Added a Squire Affinity.)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
09/11/2020 10:51 pm

Thanks Manxcat,

That girls got chops. She can play. Unfortunately, I can't make mine do that yet, but it's still a keeper.

Funny thing, I had a sunburst Squire about 4 months ago that I bought to replace my broken acoustic at the time. This would have been my only guitar, but once I brought it home while I couldn't stop staring at it's beauty I realized just wasn't far enough in my guitar skills to really make good sounds out if it and I mourned for the sounds of the acoustic so I returned it and thats when I bought my Breedlove Discovery. Pic is in my photo.

So I told myself there would be plenty of time to pick up another electric when the time felt right and of course a Tele sunburst was on my watch list, but believe it or not with 3 music stores within a 10 mile radius of me nobody had one except for Guitar Center, but that was a MIM Fender and it was out of my price range and I'm the kind of guy that when I set out to buy something I want it in my hands then, not later, so I didn't choose to order one.

However, the natural tone wood with black pick guard always screams Telecaster and they had one at another music store for a very affordable price so I went for it. It's the quintessential Country twanger IMHO. To quote a luthier I watched on Youtube restore a vintage 50's model "Now It looks like it's been in a few bar fights". Now that's a Tele. Anders plays one in the country music style section and I love the looks and sounds of it.

Thanks for the post,

Moe