View post (Added a Squire Affinity.)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
08/30/2020 10:03 pm

Been working my butt off in the summer heat and felt I owed myself something, so even though I'm more of an acoustic player, I decided to add this horse to the stable.

Yeah it's a Squire, and I told myself I didn't want another "Beginner" guitar. I just couldn't justify the cost of a real Fender though the MIM versions were a close consideration. Maybe later, who knows.

For now I've always loved the simplistic look of the Telecaster and of course that signature twang and for the money you can't beat it. Once I got it tuned properly and buffed out all the past fingerprints off of it, it took a while to get the amp settings right, but once I did she sounded pretty good playing along with Caren Anderson's "Proud Mary" version. Yes CCR and Doobie Brothers was kinda what I had in mind when I bought it.

Maybe later on I'll upgrade the amp, but for right now my $60 Acoustic AV15 works fine. I think having a variety of instruments and styles to play is what keeps this hobby fun. As well as playing of course.