View post (1+ year subscriber from NH)

View thread

usa4cc
usa4cc
07/30/2020 10:30 pm

Huh. If the guitar is out of tune as you move up the neck, I think that means the neck needs to be adjusted. My ear isn't that good yet so I just use my phone to make sure the open strings are tuned.

Not really any techniques yet; I practice palm muting and stuff just to create cool effects but I want to finish Guitar Fundamentals 2 before starting a technique section. I want to do acoustic next so I'll learn techniques there; but other than that just some fancy muting stuff with strumming, like the muted effect you can create by not pressing the Barre chords down when you play upstrokes.

Regarding songs, I haven't tried that many yet but I work with songs in the Christian or Worship genre. Personally, I really like the acoustic sound without any effects and stuff. Songs like Oh Come to the Altar by Elevation Worship and Light the Way or Run to the Father by Matt Maher.

My ultimate goal is to be able to play at college with a group of guys, just to be able to praise God in the midst of all this pandemic and everything.