View post (I need some advice)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
07/20/2020 6:12 pm

For sure, I echo what others have said. Pay for a premium membership -- it is worth EVERY PENNY if you're serious about this. And start at the very beginning with fundamentals I. Lisa is a fabulous instructor and it will almost certainly fill in blanks and solidify things for you.

There is a lot of nuance there -- I don't think you'll get bored. And even if you do, might I gently suggest that boredom is perhaps part of the learning process sometimes ,and that things worth learning are worth it. We don't need to be stimulated and entertained 100% of the time.

I was in a similar situation -- I knew the open chords, basic music theory, and a few strum patterns, and a lot of what was covered in fundamentals I and II was stuff I already knew, but I didn't "know" it in the sense of really being able to integrate it into the larger picture, and I didn't have good technique, lots of bad habits. Now I'm almost through with Fundamentals II and I definitely feel like a guitar player for the first time, even though I'd been noodling around for years before this.

Start at the beginning. It is game changing.

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."