View post (Exausted, injured, and still cannot play chords)

View thread

vjy
vjy
07/19/2020 10:15 pm

Hi, something really doesn't seem right with the guitar, whether you got it second hand or new it may be that it really does just need the tlc of a 'set-up'. If you can find a local luthier, it should be money well spent on the set up and not that expensive. The servicing cost so far on my guitar is running at just under £2 per year. You may be surprised by how a small adjustment can make lots of difference. If it is new and the neck isn't right then a luthier can check out what is going on there too.

Might be worth checking that you don't have it tuned a whole octave too high which is trying to twist the neck and make the strings harder to press.

[/quote][br][br]Yes I am having to apply a lot of force to push strings down, and commonly have to grit my teeth and push with all the strength I have in my left hand, a few times I've heard the neck make popping sounds like it was going to break from the pressure (though I am not sure if grasping extremely hard can break a neck or not).[/quote]