Newbie help with loop

Dylanrandomnumber
Dylanrandomnumber
07/09/2020 9:39 pm

Hi all,

My dad is a great guitarist and randomly sent me a TC Flashback Delay pedal.

I'm goofing off and annoying my wife with it when I wanted to try the loop function. My issue is this: I'll hit the switch, record a tune and then hit the switch again. Instantly the tune will playback but when it gets to the end, there is a pause before the loop restarts. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong and why the tune doesn't continously go without the pause. Any suggestions?

Thanks

# 1
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
07/09/2020 10:30 pm
Originally Posted by: Dylanrandomnumber

Hi all,

I'm goofing off and annoying my wife with it when I wanted to try the loop function. My issue is this: I'll hit the switch, record a tune and then hit the switch again. Instantly the tune will playback but when it gets to the end, there is a pause before the loop restarts. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong and why the tune doesn't continously go without the pause. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hey there, I have not used this exact pedal, but you probably have to begin recording at the exact moment you start playing. So, hit the switch right on the first note you play. Then hit the switch again on the imaginary downbeat when you'd be supposedly starting again, if you weren't looping it.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 2
johnboy301
johnboy301
07/11/2020 1:20 am
Originally Posted by: Dylanrandomnumber

Hi all,

Thanks

I'm usually using my looper to play a repetitive riff or chord progression to play over. I usually play through the riff or progression at least once before I start the looper. That way it makes it easier to hit it at the very beginning then I'm careful to stop the looper at the very moment the riff or chord progression ends. Takes a little time to get used to but once you're used to it, it's not that difficult.

# 3
Dylanrandomnumber
Dylanrandomnumber
07/11/2020 8:14 pm

Thanks to both of you for replies. For some reason I figured I could hit the button, prepare, play the riff, and then listen. I was in fact recording the pause beforehand.

It did help to record the loop casually while playing the part I wanted to record. Thanks for the advice.

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.