View post (Am I the only one...)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
07/08/2020 2:35 pm
Originally Posted by: faith83

Am I the only one who, upon trying the first lesson on barre chords, immediately went and googled, "Do I have to learn barre chords?" LOL

Yikes.

Probably not and judging from the responses thus far it would appear not. But I did not immediately think that. I took me a while.

But what I did do, after months of trying to get them to ring out clearly (and cursing), was to question if I would ever learn them. And I do mean months. I am guessing 9 months. I should look in my log. I worked them too long at the expense of learning other techniques. It became very discouraging and frustrating. I wish that I had moved on continuiing to work them "on the side".

They will come. I think they do for everyone that continues to work them. Be smarter than me and just don't stay on them too long as I did.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45