View post (Am I the only one...)

View thread

mathieurevel
mathieurevel
07/08/2020 5:16 am
Originally Posted by: faith83

Am I the only one who, upon trying the first lesson on barre chords, immediately went and googled, "Do I have to learn barre chords?" LOL

Yikes.

Try to find alternative to barring the fret, there are some variation where you use your thumb to fret the 1st 2 strings and your index to grab the other strings. Some barre chords can be done without using the index to fret all strings.

When I started 1 year ago I also straight away said to myself '' ok well at least I know that barre chord will never be something possible for me '' But I was wrong, with persistence and training your fingers and wrist get stronger. Even when i could get a decent tone I couldnt hold the position for more than a few seconds, it would hurt too much but now it s fine (even though it still is hard to do a full songs playing barre chord only).

My advise is take a song you love that has barre chord, it will motivate you to try to get it ! I dont believe that just working over and over again the barre chord lessons is enough to motivate people to work on it. You need real music to pump you up !