View post (When to move to the next lesson)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
07/01/2020 9:46 pm

Hi len

I think Lisa answered this in her thread, but I'll see if I can shed a little more insight for you. I've been playing for seven months now. I've gone through gf1 &2. Halfway through acoustics and country tracks and up to level 2 of fingerpicking. I am no means an expert in any of it, but I'm moving along at a pace that I'm comfortable with. Sure I make mistakes. Guess what I bet even the advanced players and instructors still flub a note or two. We all have to be our own coaches here. That's the disadvantage I guess to online learning. It's different for everyone. Plus everyone has different aspirations to what they want to achieve here. Only you can decide that.

With regards to chord transitions here's what I do. Look for the songs in the library that say made easy. These songs have been simplified for us beginners and most of them you'll see have the same chords your working on. This way your playing something fun and practicing the very chords your learning. Also you'll be using these chords a lot in future lessons so don't feel that just because you hit complete your done with them. You can always go back. The lessons don't disappear. I say move on at your pace but leave speed out of the equation for now. You'll never play as fast as the instructors. They have been doing this for decades. [br][br]

I hope this helps. Lot of beginners here and this topic comes up a lot. Remember tone over speed. Good luck. [br][br]

Moe