love somebody solo

Herman10
Herman10
06/26/2020 12:43 am

Hi Mike, the auto scroll is working now, thanks to the tech guys for fixing it.

Little question, how do you play the second part of sixteenth notes over the B chord? do you strum the 3 notes on the first beat all together and start the quick run on the 17th fret with a down pick ( meaning you play the pedal notes with un upstroke?? awkward to me.)

or do you slide the double stop from the 4th fret to the 16th fret without hitting the notes again on the 16th fret and play the 19th fret with an upstroke? ( and then the pedal notes with a downstroke which seems more natural to me ) ?

Herman

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/26/2020 11:55 am

Go for an upstroke on the 19th fret. That way, the entire lick can be played with alternate up/down picking.

Don't worry about where the sliding double stop from the 4th fret of the G & B strings end up. It's not critical that it lands exactly at the 16th fret. The slide doesn't even need to start at the 4th fret. It's a general "sliding into the lick" kind of thing. Unfortunately, the way it's notated makes it more confusing than it needs to be.

Just make sure you're hitting the 19th fret of the high string with an upstroke on the first beat of that bar, and then continue with a downstroke to get into the up/down alternate picking for the lick.

Make sense?

Mike

Originally Posted by: hsnoeckx

Hi Mike, the auto scroll is working now, thanks to the tech guys for fixing it.

Little question, how do you play the second part of sixteenth notes over the B chord? do you strum the 3 notes on the first beat all together and start the quick run on the 17th fret with a down pick ( meaning you play the pedal notes with un upstroke?? awkward to me.)

or do you slide the double stop from the 4th fret to the 16th fret without hitting the notes again on the 16th fret and play the 19th fret with an upstroke? ( and then the pedal notes with a downstroke which seems more natural to me ) ?

Herman

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
Herman10
Herman10
06/26/2020 11:35 pm

Thanks Mike that makes more sense, if I would transcribe this part with GuitarPro and made that slide a legato slide then the 2 notes on the 16th fret would be greyed out and that is less confusing.

I also tried the first part of the solo ( legato part ) as you described in another way ( staying around 14th fret ) but like you say it fights somehow with rhythm and hand motion.

Thanks Herman

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.