Figured I would make myself known

johnboy301
johnboy301
05/24/2020 11:32 pm

Hey all,

I subscribed about a month ago, but figured I would go ahead and make myself known. A bit about myself. I'll be 43 in October. I have played the guitar, in some capacity, off and on for about 25 to 30 years. Primarily self taught. About 8 or 9 years ago, I started taking in person guitar lessons for about 2 or 3 years. Then I got a new car in 2014 and that took financial precedence over the guitar lessons. I know a good chunk of stuff, I'm here to supplement my learning from over the years and hopefully fill in some of the blanks and learn some new guitar styles as well.

Johnathan

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/25/2020 3:22 pm

Hey & welcome to GT!

Originally Posted by: johnboy301

I have played the guitar, in some capacity, off and on for about 25 to 30 years. Primarily self taught. About 8 or 9 years ago, I started taking in person guitar lessons for about 2 or 3 years.

[p]Thanks for the background. Please ask if there is some style or type of lesson you're looking for! Best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
johnboy301
johnboy301
05/25/2020 7:38 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Hey & welcome to GT!

Originally Posted by: johnboy301

I have played the guitar, in some capacity, off and on for about 25 to 30 years. Primarily self taught. About 8 or 9 years ago, I started taking in person guitar lessons for about 2 or 3 years.

[p]Thanks for the background. Please ask if there is some style or type of lesson you're looking for! Best of success!

Christopher,

Thanks for the response and the well wishes! Currently I'm more of a Blues and Rock player. I will still be trying to further my ability there. As far as "filling in some of the blanks" I'll definitely be going through your theory lessons, triads and inversions and such. I'm in the stage of planning out the structure of my practice time. Once I have that planned out then it will be full bore. Definitely going to try to get at least a couple hours a day in.

I will also be looking at some of the Country stuff on here and also your Jazz lessons too. I've always appreciated the musical aspect of Jazz. I believe there is no better way to help you become a better musician than to learn to play and appreciate other styles of music.

Also, I appreciate your helpful style of instruction here in the forum. I can definitely tell that you try to determine the "true question and issue" so you can make sure it gets answered. Definitely the sign of a good instructor.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.