View post (Theory / guitar courses vs songs)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
09/28/2020 7:09 pm

Bouncee,

After what you just said, I would recommend you follow the lessons and get your theory from those lessons. They really do a good job of focusing on the playing while feeding you little bits of theory along the way. In the end, theory is just an abstraction of music. So no reason to get shut out of learning how to play an instrument.

You don't have to swallow it all at once if that does not work for you. I think this web page was designed to be just what you are looking for. I believe my experience was very diffrent than yours. I have been a musician in one form or another for decades, so I found it easier to just study the theory.

The really important thing is that you find a way to theory that doesn't make you want to fire off the ejector seat. You really can get it through these lessons. They are designed to do this and these people are great reasources, when you need them. If you can't enjoy what you are doing wiith music, you are doing it wrong or you are inpatient to become Jeff Beck overnight. Both can be rough going and very little fun.

Captcha is a total pain in the........