Looking forward to Mike's on line lesson

Old Bones
Full Access
Old Bones
Full Access
05/07/2020 7:30 am

I will be logging in to Mikes lesson this week .... at 10.00 am on Saturday in Melbourne Australia.

Much better than Daves 4.00 am time slot!!!

Cheers

Stephen J

# 1
manXcat
manXcat
05/07/2020 9:57 am

Mike's lesson has always been at 7PM CST (5PM PST) which is 10AM AEST.

[br]It's Dave's which is at 11AM PST which equates to 4AM AEST. That's why I'm never at Dave's either.

Edit: N.B. Within 24 hours of posting, the OP edited his post to correct his error pointed out by this post which altered the tenor of the thread seemingly rendering my subsequent post superfluous or with other perceivable ulterior motive intent if not considered in light of this. I would have deleted this post as a consequence, but given 'further developments' I haven't along with this addendum to offer context to the subsequently unfolding thread.

# 2
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
05/07/2020 4:00 pm
Originally Posted by: stephen82

I will be logging in to Mikes lesson this week .... at 10.00 am on Saturday in Melbourne Australia.

Cheers

Stephen J

enjoy the lesson, Mike's time slot isn't possible for us in the UK so luck for us Dave's is :)

# 3
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
05/07/2020 4:04 pm
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x

Cheers

Stephen J

Wish I could do Mike's, Fuzzbox - will be there tomorrow night for Dave's though - also in the UK

enjoy the lesson, Mike's time slot isn't possible for us in the UK so luck for us Dave's is :)

# 4
manXcat
manXcat
05/07/2020 10:20 pm
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0xenjoy the lesson, Mike's time slot isn't possible for us in the UK so luck for us Dave's is :)

If that was a pithy attempt at vague rational argument, regardless, it's straw argument as well as a lie.

So apart from enjoyment at slinging a barb for a grudge you're apparently still not over, -you've been 'on my case' any opportunity you see to have a dig ever since my retort to the irrationality of your displayed absurdity here, what's even the point of your post in this thread? [u]Does your post have one other than the intended obvious provocation?[/u] And for that matter, that of that other bellend apparently your echo/shadow.

Is [u]Mike's lesson at 2300 UK local time[/u] a challenge too far for your or andrew.colomb's enthusiasm for guitar to cope with?

I've shown largesse in ignoring your trite targeted behaviour on numerous occasions going so far as to even offer that immature ego of yours undeserved approbation and acknowledgment over nothing particularly clever in order to offer you face saving opportuity to show reciprocal grace in order for that now clearly still supperating wound to heal, to no avail. Get over yourself and that grudge little man. I speak directly when necessary, and now it's necessary. I've had enough of it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. You just pressed the wrong button with the wrong person and it's coming straight back at you now any time you make it personal in future.

The logic and fact is Dave C could possibly (?) delay his lesson just 2 hours to 1300PST which whilst less than preferred optimum for either side of the equator outside the US, both users in the UK and AU could reasonably make it at 2100 UK & 0600AU respectively. A delay of 3 hours to 1400PST would be preferred here, but in consideration of a compromise of the earlier start for UK users, the former was suggested and would be doable. Or is 2100 past your bedtime? I'm sure I could manage to get up in winter here at 0600, but 0400 in the middle of deep sleep is...well let's see if you or bellend #2 can figure out why that's 'inconvenient'.

And for you to say Mike O's is "not possible for us" in the UK at a viewable hour is an outright lie, a churlish exaggeration to characteristically facilitate a selfish perspective. It's at 2300 UK local not 0400. Whilst I appreciate that might not be as [u]convenient[/u] for you, but that's still at an hour inarguably doable for most people in the UK, EU or elsewhere, especially considering COVID-19 lockdown with for many enforced hours of 'leisure'. However, hardly the surprise to see that kind of 'all aboút me' attitude display coming from you vs one willing to comromise in consideration of all/others.

Worst of all, I've not seen a single previous post from you to date as there has been from me pointing out this issue and [u]suggesting a[/u] compromise [u]solution[/u] [u]which might benefit all parties.[/u]

# 5
Old Bones
Full Access
Old Bones
Full Access
05/07/2020 10:38 pm

Just for the record...

I was not making a complaint or asking for an alternative.

I was just having a laugh at the time difference. I had a smile on my face thinking that Mike will be sitting there at 7.00 pm Friday and I will be sitting here at 10.00 am Saturday.

I think it is great to be able to connect from the other side of the world.

Cheers

Stephen J

# 6
manXcat
manXcat
05/07/2020 10:57 pm

Just 'for the record' Stephen J, it'd be plain for all to see what you said had you left your initial post unedited, which as was, was more suggestively disapproving of the inconvenience of the 0400K lesson timing to us (mistakenly noted by you as Mike O's) as you're belatedly now attempting to make out than my initial response to yours was intended merely helpfully correctional matter of fact.

# 7
Old Bones
Full Access
Old Bones
Full Access
05/08/2020 1:46 am

mmm

Sorry,

Didn't mean to upset anyone and I apologise if I did.

My initial post was never meant to be suggestively disapproving, and I am not attempting to make out anything.

At my age I just find it really quirky that technology means we can be doing things like this and the time difference just highlights that to me. So I just thought I would post something that struck me as funny.

My original wording could have been better (and I appreciate that ManxCat post highlighted that to me) so I changed it.

Still looking forward to Mike's lesson.

# 8
manXcat
manXcat
05/08/2020 1:58 am

Still looking forward to Mike's lesson.

[p]

Me too. See you there.

P.S. Understood re the innocence of intent Stephen82. Someone with a persisting grudge just tried to misuse your initial post and my response as a lever to throw a barb -again, which is apparent only if aware of the back story. I didn't let it slide on this occasion.

# 9
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
05/08/2020 3:18 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0xenjoy the lesson, Mike's time slot isn't possible for us in the UK so luck for us Dave's is :)

If that was a pithy attempt at vague rational argument, regardless, it's straw argument as well as a lie.

So apart from enjoyment at slinging a barb for a grudge you're apparently still not over, -you've been 'on my case' any opportunity you see to have a dig ever since my retort to the irrationality of your displayed absurdity here, what's even the point of your post in this thread? [u]Does your post have one other than the intended obvious provocation?[/u] And for that matter, that of that other bellend apparently your echo/shadow.

Is [u]Mike's lesson at 2300 UK local time[/u] a challenge too far for your or andrew.colomb's enthusiasm for guitar to cope with?

I've shown largesse in ignoring your trite targeted behaviour on numerous occasions going so far as to even offer that immature ego of yours undeserved approbation and acknowledgment over nothing particularly clever in order to offer you face saving opportuity to show reciprocal grace in order for that now clearly still supperating wound to heal, to no avail. Get over yourself and that grudge little man. I speak directly when necessary, and now it's necessary. I've had enough of it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. You just pressed the wrong button with the wrong person and it's coming straight back at you now any time you make it personal in future.

The logic and fact is Dave C could possibly (?) delay his lesson just 2 hours to 1300PST which whilst less than preferred optimum for either side of the equator outside the US, both users in the UK and AU could reasonably make it at 2100 UK & 0600AU respectively. A delay of 3 hours to 1400PST would be preferred here, but in consideration of a compromise of the earlier start for UK users, the former was suggested and would be doable. Or is 2100 past your bedtime? I'm sure I could manage to get up in winter here at 0600, but 0400 in the middle of deep sleep is...well let's see if you or bellend #2 can figure out why that's 'inconvenient'.

And for you to say Mike O's is "not possible for us" in the UK at a viewable hour is an outright lie, a churlish exaggeration to characteristically facilitate a selfish perspective. It's at 2300 UK local not 0400. Whilst I appreciate that might not be as [u]convenient[/u] for you, but that's still at an hour inarguably doable for most people in the UK, EU or elsewhere, especially considering COVID-19 lockdown with for many enforced hours of 'leisure'. However, hardly the surprise to see that kind of 'all aboút me' attitude display coming from you vs one willing to comromise in consideration of all/others.

Worst of all, I've not seen a single previous post from you to date as there has been from me pointing out this issue and [u]suggesting a[/u] compromise [u]solution[/u] [u]which might benefit all parties.[/u]

I'm not into writing childish insulting long messages manXcat but just to make it clear yes it would be too late for me, I have a family, I work full time and my work has not stopped during the lockdown.

Regardless of these personal reasons I have why Mike's lesson is not convenient for me, although I would enjoy participating in it, your childish response was not called for.

# 10
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
05/08/2020 3:31 pm

I'm not into writing childish insulting long messages manXcat but just to make it clear yes it would be too late for me, I have a family, I work full time and my work has not stopped during the lockdown.

Regardless of these personal reasons I have why Mike's lesson is not convenient for me, although I would enjoy participating in it, your childish response was not called for.

What is wrong with this guy Fuzzbox? Who complined about the times? Why bring me into this you clown! I am glad he is on a different continent! Thanks to this idiot, I am now finished on the Forum for good! There have been many good moments and have learnt a lot about the guitar from replies from the instructors and I have also learn a lot of words I had never heard in my life before! This fool is not good for the future of this site.

Catch up on the lessons Fuzzbox.

# 11
fuzzb0x
Full Access
fuzzb0x
Full Access
05/08/2020 4:08 pm
Originally Posted by: andrew.colomb

What is wrong with this guy Fuzzbox? Who complined about the times? Why bring me into this you clown! I am glad he is on a different continent! Thanks to this idiot, I am now finished on the Forum for good! There have been many good moments and have learnt a lot about the guitar from replies from the instructors and I have also learn a lot of words I had never heard in my life before! This fool is not good for the future of this site.

Catch up on the lessons Fuzzbox.

I'm not sure any other member on this forum understands what manXcat's issues are but please do not let him keep you off the forum Andrew. I agree with what WilliamMG said in another thread that he's a troll, and it's really not worth letting him get under your skin. There's loads of friendly and helpful members on this forum and it would be a shame to start losing them because of one hostile member.

# 12
nicolasvelascog
nicolasvelascog
05/08/2020 5:53 pm

Hello! I'm Nicolas and i'm going through my first lessons. I'm vey happy and excited with the classes, the instructor and the method, and I know that I have so much to learn yet.[br][br]The reason i'm posting this is because is so difficult for me to strum and change between chords when I use the pick and I don´t know why. Im I the only one?

# 13
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
05/08/2020 5:58 pm

I agree with fuzz Andrew. I wouldnt let this get to you. There are those who thrive on conflict and confronation, and are flat out con artist. I wont spend much time on this but in this thread both Stephen and fuzz were attacked and Stephen ended up apologizing! For what? Because he changed a post and got manX upset?

manX will change a post. So what is he complaining about? In a thread from back in March he went on at length that no manufactur would make 9 gauge acoustic strings - I called him out on it and gave a link proving him wrong - he must have crapped his pants because he came back with a 3 part novel as to how he missed it. He has since deleted that.

But what is interesting is that he went to a lot of work to alter his post about 9 gauge strings not being offered or for sale. Mine remains and now it looks silly because I seem to be talking to myself but that is ok. I do it all the time. Too bad I hadnt quoted him, that would have prevented him from altering his post.

Hang in there. This guy is not what he presents and not worth anymore time.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 14
moosehockey18
moosehockey18
05/08/2020 6:28 pm
Originally Posted by: nicolasvelascog

Hello! I'm Nicolas and i'm going through my first lessons. I'm vey happy and excited with the classes, the instructor and the method, and I know that I have so much to learn yet.[br][br]The reason i'm posting this is because is so difficult for me to strum and change between chords when I use the pick and I don´t know why. Im I the only one?

Hello and welcome !

Being a fellow traveller on the guitar journey, I thought I`d give you a little help and encouragement as I`m just into this about 4 months myself. Just curious, do you feel the difficulty is with the fretting hand or the strumming one ? Does it make a difference if you strum without the pick ? Is it a timing issue with trying to coordinate each hand ?

What I did to help myself when faced with that obstacle was to break everything down to the most basic elements. First, I would strum while fretting just one chord. Then I would work up to 2 and just switch back and forth a bunch of times until I felt I had the coordination down. Then I would add a 3rd chord and so on.

Hopefully that helps.

# 15

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.