View post (How much do you 'think' about what you're playing?)

View thread

u10ajf
u10ajf
12/10/2002 7:28 pm
I think these psychos start off with problems which damage their self esteme. Gradually they distance themselves from the original cause of their feelings of powerlessness until they forget what caused it. Next their subconscious anger (anger isn't a thought it's a mindstate) finds a conscious justification for its own escape and the consequences are ****ing awful. I think that people should be more aware of the power of their own subconscious to cloth itself in apparently rational thought and to justify its own often unrelated mechanism of release. Perhaps it hurts peoples egos too much to look in side and route out their true motivations. Some people are afraid to be cynical, perhaps they think it removes the possibility that they may be able to act in an idealistic and decent manner. So many taboos are placed round us, so many laws and rules bind our motivation. I'm sure some people loose trust in their abillity to think for themeselves. It's not (just) the law that does this but the guilt with which we restrict ourselves, scared that our own conscience alone cannot direct our actions. Too much guilt leads to denial, denial is rationalised until conscience is removed and guilt annulled and then the sin is repeated. Perhaps that's how it is with these people, so subconsciously so uncertain in their actions that they make their actions appear more justified to themselves by repeating them! It's so damn stupid.
Whilst I'm in this mindframe I must say I'm not happy to here that the U.S. wants to get the UK to look after its missiles. I've known some really great Americans but I just hate American foreign policy. Whatever the UN find in Iraq (like nothing for instance) you can bet the US'll go their 'cause there's oil. Half of the Senate lives off oil and guns when their not in power.
Rant over.

If I couldn't laugh at myself how could I laugh at someone less ridiculous?