View post (Distortion on Practice?)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/26/2020 3:15 pm
Originally Posted by: KLZ39

Well, i lower them to the frame height and the overload noise dissapear.[/quote]

Good deal! I agree that's a great improvment!

Originally Posted by: KLZ39The other issue the last recording may have had is that the Volume knob on the guitar is deffective and sometimes turns up and down by just barely touching it, now i was paying attention to it every time[/quote]

That's good to be aware of.

Originally Posted by: KLZ39I do notice that i needed to rise the volume up after lower the pick ups but since im not around max i guess is alright.. or it may be too quiet? but as you said i can rise them later... maybe just little by little if its needed[/quote]

As clean & quiet as possible is best when you are just a beginner. Now start practicing!

[quote=KLZ39]It was just the guitar connected via an aux cable to the computer's Line-in port, the imput volume is on 60 out of 100 (as i said a bit far from the middle) but, i was not using any kind of real music software, just Quicktime Player

Fair enough. But I know from personal experience that computer interfaces can be very sensitive & not linear on the volume. So you might notice a big difference between 20, 40 or 60.

[quote=KLZ39]I totally need to stop using garbage level equipement, i know!

Haha! Well, sure. But all you really need is to get a clean quiet tone to start practicing! And I think you are there!

[quote=KLZ39]unless you find some other thing i need to change on that video i think i can finally start preacticing with amplification... just need to be aware of mutting to clean it as i can

....Right?

You bet! Best of success with it!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory