View post (Distortion on Practice?)

View thread

KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
04/26/2020 7:11 am

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

I'm not sure it's causing all the trouble, but Herman is right, you should definitely lower your pickups. I'd say just lower them until the tops of them are level with the pickup rings (the black plastic spacers surrounding them). You can raise them later when & if you need to once you've built some basic technique.

[/quote]

Well, i lower them to the frame height and the overload noise dissapear.

Now I can hear clearly the strings that are making the sound dirty (mostly open ones and some mistakes), so it will be a matter of getting some mutting technic to clean it i guess

The other issue the last recording may have had is that the Volume knob on the guitar is deffective and sometimes turns up and down by just barely touching it, now i was paying attention to it every time

I do notice that i needed to rise the volume up after lower the pick ups but since im not around max i guess is alright.. or it may be too quiet? but as you said i can rise them later... maybe just little by little if its needed

I leave the video here

Is the same record settings on the same device, first the VOX with the settings on 1, then the OrangeC3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VNcx9ysBPzutvVBNJ01qk8rDKrjjVe8I/view?usp=sharing

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

Your signal chain is everything including the guitar, any cables, any devices. It could be that the signal going out the headphone jack is way too high for plugging into the computer line in. Look in your computer sound mixer console for the volume control on the line in.[br]Is that the OUTPUT (the speaker or headphone volume)? Or the INPUT? Because if you have the input too high it doesn't matter what the output is on, it's going to be way too hot.

[p]

It was just the guitar connected via an aux cable to the computer's Line-in port, the imput volume is on 60 out of 100 (as i said a bit far from the middle) but, i was not using any kind of real music software, just Quicktime Player

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

Where is interference coming from when you simply plug the guitar into the amp? I mean with out using the Vox or the computer at all.

I dont know, the Orange have a kinda low interference sound by itself (and a constant hiss sound on the headphones), but if you use the power adapter it get really loud. Somebody explain to me that the music/sound electronics need some kind special of adapter even if the one i was using have exactly the same specs it said it required ...and the speaker sounds kinda dull

I totally need to stop using garbage level equipement, i know!

Ok, i gonna check that link you gave me

Now... unless you find some other thing i need to change on that video i think i can finally start preacticing with amplification... just need to be aware of mutting to clean it as i can

....Right?