View post (Distortion on Practice?)

View thread

KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
04/25/2020 11:19 am
Originally Posted by: hsnoeckx

from what I hear in the video is that you pick ups ( PU's ) are way to short to the strings capturing even the least bit of sound and the magnets in the PU's pulling on the strings, they are way to loud to for Gain 1. Lower them and you will see a big difference.

[/quote]

Jut asking... how do you know how low or up they need to be?

this is how they look now... btw the bridge one seems to have a little inclination (ignore the ripped paper, it wasnt me)

https://imgur.com/5larBK1

https://imgur.com/JzYEGKt

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

So now it's a singal chain question. What is your signal chain in these videos?

[/quote]

Nothing? I plugged an Aux cable from the headphone jack to the computer line-in

The settings on the computer have the audio in volume somewhere over the middle, its louder but honestlyI didnt hear really that different than putting the headphones right in the AmPlug

Im not using the Orange because it produces a lot of interference when I connect the guitar, i think its related to the power supply or something because it way cleaner running with bateries

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

At 2:32 of the video are a bunch of beautiful clean tones & you can see the settings on the amps. See if you can just plug your guitar into the amp. Try those settings, turn your guitar volume on like 5. Make sure the overdrive button is OFF

Its the old Orange Crush 3, gonna try those settings as soon as i get it to work

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

That's good to know. But if it's the metal one, then it's probably going to be to loud & overdriven for ANY and ALL beginner material.

Yeah but got me thinking... there must be something else wrong here, isnt it? i mean this is all dials on 1

I did watch the muting tutorial (many times) but even when its part of the same, it kinda look like a different case, i mean even when you are showing how is not muted you still dont get the cat concert i get every time i go near the strings or like when you just move your hand like around 3:25... (ofcourse you are waaay ahead and i may not be getting what you are doing or not doing )

Btw, just wondering where in the program is this lesson located? i mean, how long after fundamentals you are supposed to get there? or is a separated thing? im a little lost here and this seems like very important info for the people who start with an electric