View post (Distortion on Practice?)

View thread

KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
04/21/2020 4:50 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

I want to start by saying I'm sorry this is so frustrating for you. If you can bear with a few more questions, then maybe we can help you sort all this out! You might want to post a video with sound demonstrating the issues that are troubling you. That would probably help us sort out what's a real equipment problem versus what is just normal beginning learning problems.[/quote][p]

ok... Gonna try to record a video as soon i can to see if it helps

This is kind of an odd statement. The point of fretting a note is so that it will sound. Electric guitars can be much more sensitive, because they can be amplified![/quote][p]

I know, thats why its so hard to explain lol but... what i mean is that pressing the string before picking it make it sounds loud enough to notice the doble note, its like i was tapping the string and then picking it, but even if i press it light (as light as it did not buzz if i pick it)

Thats where the idea of the high action comes to my mind because i though, maybe im pressing the strings too hard, I've been trying to find a mid spot to see if that's it... i might pick up a bad habbit of pressing too hard by playing it unplugged

but it seems that as soon the string touches the fret it sounds... no matter how light... if thats normal then i dont know how does all this works lol

Im not sure if its a mutting issue but im checking that video right away

That's hard to say without knowing how high the action is. Who adjusted the truss rod? It is very possible adjusting the truss rod could make the action too high (or too low). Often when the truss rod is adjusted you also have to compensate by adjusting the bridge saddles which make a huge difference in action.

[p]

Well, thats an interesting question...

So far, four different people have tried to adjust it (ever single one charge me, and thats really nice...), first on the music shop, two guys at different music stores and lastly some guy that have a lot of guitars

I dont know about the bridge adjustement, but the last guy was testing with a tunner if the notes alongside the neck were right after the adjustment... not sure if this means anything

At first it was low, it was easy to play but half the notes have fret buzz (open 6 or 1 strings for example sounds awful) after the last adjustment its really hard to press "but its easy for bends" they said ...like if im doing that right now

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

You also mentioned the electronics were bad, but I'm not sure how you determined that.

Lot of interference, cricket like sounds, the fact the volume dial was loose and badly weilded... or the mess of cables it got inside gives me that idea

[quote=ChristopherSchlegel]

go try some other guitars & see if you have the same trouble with any other guitars.

Right now thats kinda dificult, but definitely will do.

I remeber fooling around with a friend's Jackson and dont remember any of these issues but again i didnt know what to look at

Thank you for reply and will see if i can rec a little vid or something.