KLZ39
Full Access
KLZ39
Full Access
03/21/2020 9:42 pm

Thank all you for the replies

[br]

[br]

Originally Posted by: manXcat[p]From your description I'm surmising you have a VOX amPlug (or clone thereof ) headphone amp. Current series are VOX amPlug 2. And they come in different 'flavours'.

[br]

[br][/quote][p]

[br]Its VOX amPlug 2 "Metal"

It sounds really fun when you do some simple riffs (play the intro of "South of Heaven" on this gives me chills) but yeah it too noisy for learning.

Gonna try that way you suggest

[br]I feel that im spinning around bad decisions because i was listening to the wrong people, i got a cable for the computer and this and it was supposed to be like have the whole thing but we all know its not. so, gonna do a walk of shame and get some real Amp lol

[br]

[br]@William MG Thanks for the info

[br]

[br]

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel[p]What kind of guitar do you have?

[/quote]

[br]Probably the worst i could get...

A Dean Vendetta made in china, that happens to have the worst electronic connections i have seen in my life.

I always dream of a Flying V but wanted to learn before spending on more... so im stuck with this for a while

[br]

Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel[p]What is your skill level?

[/quote]

[br]I call myself an inconsistent beginner, i can play some simple things but know nothing of the basics... typical YT student i guess, but yeah im still on fundamentals

[br]to be honest my learning process has been shamefully bad, for a long time my main practice method was Rocksmith (sounds good, doesnt work), so i can play parts of "symphony of destruction" or "do you like it" from kingdom come, but just learn basic scales on fundamentals so...

[br][quote=ChristopherSchlegel][p]Learning to play with distortion (gain, overdrive, etc.) is a skill that requires practice completely separate from learning the basics.

[br]This is the kind of things why i join this site, i've heard people say a thoundsand times that it happens all as a whole... like miracle or something

[br][quote=ChristopherSchlegel][p]What kind of music do you want to play? What styles? Is it possible to get the tone you desire with your guitar? What kind of features would you need in a guitar & amp?

[br]Im more into Rock/Metal kind of music but for now just playing anything makes me happy

[br]

[br][quote=ChristopherSchlegel][p]I think might be mostly a product of trying to use the absolute worst possible tone (distortion) before you know how to control it & use it, and while you are playing beginner material.

[br]I know, but its hard when you dont know and many people say different things.

My resolution was learn and practice unplugged and just one in a while connect the amPlug to see how it sounds just to find that it dont go near as i expect

[br]Thank you