View post (Highway to hell?)

View thread

da_teach
da_teach
02/23/2020 5:47 pm

Yes that 4th fret of the D string only gets added for one quick strum before we change to the open D power chord. So you are correct, I don't move my index finger off of the 2nd fret of the D string, and I fret the 4th fret of the D string with my ring finger, then lift both off for the next strum which is on that D chord.

You don't need to move your index finger off the 2nd fret because that fret will no longer sound - it's below your ring finger that you put down on the 4th fret of the D string in front of it.

Hi Mike!

Happy weekend!

First of all,thanks for that quick reply! I must admit that you are a very dedicated instructor! Mostly becuase on top of having a life you find the time to explain this up to people.

Second, I totally what you're saying about not moving the index finger off the 2nd fret! I will keep on working becuase for now, everytime I do that, my ring finger tends to touch the G string, causing the G and B strings be mutted. Attached a pic

I know that it might take a while but I keep on practicing! I'll appreciate If you have any other idea/suggestion

Thanks