Dylan

jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
01/21/2020 11:54 pm

Hey Mike, are there any electric songs by Bob Dylan from his classic mid 60s albums in th pipeline?

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/22/2020 3:18 pm

Hey there! Yes there is more Dlyan from all eras in the pipeline!

Mike

Originally Posted by: jamboss1

Hey Mike, are there any electric songs by Bob Dylan from his classic mid 60s albums in th pipeline?

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
jamboss1
Full Access
jamboss1
Full Access
05/01/2020 3:56 pm

Hey Mike, just curious to know if one of the Dylan songs coming up is Knocking on Heavens Door & if so will it be the Guns & Roses remake? I hope so. Thanks

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/01/2020 7:09 pm

Hey Jamboss!!! Yes both versions (Dylan and GNR) are in the pipeline!

Mike

Originally Posted by: jamboss1

Hey Mike, just curious to know if one of the Dylan songs coming up is Knocking on Heavens Door & if so will it be the Guns & Roses remake? I hope so. Thanks

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
lmf998
Full Access
lmf998
Full Access
05/01/2020 8:15 pm

Can you please do gnr first

thank you

Louie

# 5
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
05/01/2020 11:45 pm

If you really want to influence what songs are added, the thing to do is actually submit a request here. That is the official way to submit a request to the management. [br][br]

Asking for songs in other areas of the forum is great if you want to recruit lots of people to also submit a request for that song because the number of submissions for a song is a factor in deciding whether to get rights and produce a lesson.

Keep in mind that adding a new song is actually fairly complicated. One of the instructors described the process recently. I would paste a link but I am having trouble finding it. Anyway, here's the way it works.

If there is popular demand for a song, as measured by the number of people who have submitted a request form then GT would have to do these things to get a lesson out there.

First, they have to find out who owns the rights to that song. This can be more complicated than you might expect. It could be the artist, the publisher, the song writer, some combination of the above or some other corporate entity. One entity may control writes to video representations while a different entity controls rights to use the song for instruction, while another controls some other rights. It can get really messy, but that is just the beginning.

Once they figure out who they have to get permission from, that entity may be really easy to work with and agree that having their song covered by a masterful GT lesson would be really beneficial to them for all kinds of reasons. Or, they may flat out refuse. Or they may make unreasonable demands in exchange for allowing the use of the song. Sometimes if multiple entities control different rights it can get hung up by disagreements between those entities. So, lots of variables in play.

Once that all gets sorted out, then they have to decide who would be the best instructor for the song. Then the instructor has to learn the song inside and out, and plan how they want to teach the song.

Once the instructor is ready, it's time to film and edit the lessons. If you have noticed, the quality of lessons here is a cut above some guy on the internet sitting down and shooting a few takes and slapping together a video on YouTube. I don't know how long it takes, but I would venture to say it isn't done in an afternoon. Then of course it has to be edited, tab and notation has to be produced, the video and audio have to be synced properly...etc.

After all of that, then we get the new lesson![br][br]

I am really amazed how many song lessons they have. Of course it has taken many years to get to this point, but still pretty amazing.

So, if you want a song, submit the form and encourage others to also submit!

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.