View post (All my excuses...have just been taken away)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
01/15/2020 10:19 pm

I appreciate the advice. I gree that the guitar should be comfortable and playable to you. It's easy to go for the brand and we all know which ones those are. They start with the letter F or G, but there are other good brands out there and it is very important to find one you like and feel comfortable with so when the time comes I will go in the store and try as many as I can.

My acoustic isn't really all that bad. It's an Ibanez AEL-20 Electric acoustic. It was gifted to me by someone who played it for her church group but lost her battle to cancer some time ago so it does have an emotional connection just in a different way, but it sat in it's case for a few years. I had it brought it in to a local shop and had the tech look at it and give me his opinion. After a small tweek of the truss rod he said it's in fine shape for what it is. It's not professional quality, but certainly not some department store knock off either. He said he used to see them hangin on the wall brand new for about the 250-400 range so that's not bad for a beginner guitar. I believe Ibanez is a reputable brand.

I'll keep her and keep playing to work out the kinks. Maybe after tax return I'll see what I can budget for an electric. I'm not opposed to going the second hand route if that will get me something better.

Ok back to practice now. .

Moe