View post (119 Hour Progress and some problems.)

View thread

Keys_
Keys_
12/07/2019 2:10 am

I don't know where to make this post ( so I'm sorry if I post it on the wrong section )

Hello! I've made a post before about how I'm tracking my progress to keep myself motivated (back when I was at 65 Hours in), on top of that I've made a blog so I can write about my progress and post some covers that I've learned.

My blog is : https://justcallmekeys.code.blog/

This journey has been super fun and going from knowing nothing about Guitars to at least play somewhat ok makes me really happy.

Now onto the problems;

Back when I made my first I was told that I should check the lessons of Christopher Schlegel on Improvisation for Beginnners. Problem is that at the moment that seems a bit advanced for me since I only know some licks as I'm right now on "Rock Style 1 - Chapter 4: Riffs, Licks and Themes".

My problem is that while I've learned some licks, I cannot for some reason modify them, I try to but they just sound off, I try different combinations or trying to hit some same notes and more but whatever I do it just sounds really bad or it makes all my solos sound the same.

Another problem I have is sometimes I have some ideas in my mind on licks but I cannot translate them into the Guitar so I try to find them by hitting note per note.

I've been trying to play using a lot the backing tracks but for making solos I just cannot simple make it and is frustrating.

I will try to record myself later to give an example on what I'm trying to say.

Some help would be nice! Thank you.

Also if some soul feels like helping me privately here is my Discord ID :

Keys#0674