View post (Guitar pick shape.)

View thread

deane.7s3
deane.7s3
02/20/2020 4:53 pm

Hello folks.

I use to use metal picks back in the eighties, even had a jewler make some from 10 to 18k gold, they never lasted too long and were quite exspensive but wow for the tone i could get, Flash to today and the pick has become the most important piece of guitar equipment I own.

I lost first and second finger along with the thumb on r/ hand a little over 12 years ago in OJI, they reattached the thumb but it doesnt work right or have any feeling, I had been professional musician up until then, it took almost 10 years to find a pick that i could use to try and relearn the guitar. Then I found V Picks, I,m not affiliated or sponsored by the company just an honest opinion after trying every pick made out there nothing would stick to my stubs and thumb, I went as far as super gluing picks to my stub to keep it from spinning or falling, there is no feeling in stubs and thumb so no way to gauge the pressure being applied to the pick the dang things just spin and would be dropped and i didnt even know it till i tried to strum a string and the pick is gone. The special plastic these V Picks are made of when the heat from the hand hits surface of pick gets sticky and wont spin and the more you sweat the more it sticks, they have all kinds of designs and shapes they are little spendy but I use the snakes which are 3 to 4mm thick three sided pointed and usually last 8 to 9 months of everyday use, there is no give for almost all these picks, they take some getting use to but the tone and articulation these give has no equal and they stick to sweaty fingers with no spin!