View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/02/2019 12:25 pm

You're welcome for the reply!

Originally Posted by: stephen82

I think I have been overdoing the overdrive and that has masked things like my vibrato. Combined with the volume cranked up for sustain, you can hear every little touch of the string and I was also holding back a bit on my vibrato.[/quote]

Excellent update! Volume can do wonders. And too much gain is a common problem. Glad you are solving these problems & making progress.

Originally Posted by: stephen82

Cleaning up the sound and working on my technique, I can see a fair bit of improvement and I will keep working on it.

Yeah, that describes most of practice routine for the last 40 years. Fortunately I keep seeing improvment. :)

[quote=stephen82]

Also Christopher thank you for the link to the lessons on the volume knob. I have started to play around more with the knobs on my guitar and finding some better sounds. It always amazes me how much there is to learn on this site. Who would have though a whole series of lessons on the volume knob. Patience has to be the virture. So much to learn and I want to learn it all now.

You're welcome! Glad you are enjoying GT & the learning process. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory