View post (New to the forum and progress with stats.)

View thread

Keys_
Keys_
11/13/2019 4:47 am

I already knew a bit of guitar before joining the website but it was so minimal that I don't really think it counts. I found the website by watching Guitar videos on Youtube and it pop'd on my recommendation list.

I saw about the 60 day thing so I decided to give it a try.

From then to now I went from looking 24/7 my fretboard to barely looking unless I'm on the 12+ frets.

At the moment I can play (although not perfectly) 9ish songs being;

Nirvana - Smells Like Teens Spirit

Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water

Judas Priest - Breaking the Law

Judas Priest - Living after Midnight

Royal Blood - Little Monster

Ramones - Blitzkrieg Bop

Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?

Jack White - Lazaretto (Still learning solo)

Jack White - Over and Over and Over (Still learning solo)

Since I started I've been trying to keep my progress my sessions tends to be around 40 mins / 1 hour (x2 on certain occassions) and completed Fundamentals 1 and 61% on Fundamentals 2.

There has been some days that I don't really want to play or feel like I'm stuck and wont get anywhere. But looking at the stats and how much work I've put into it, it helps me by pushing me forward.

My fingertips feels like are going to explode and I'm trying to not push it too much because it makes my wrist hurts a lot, I still don't know how to properly hold the neck without making my wrist suffer, same when playing chords for too long, so I would love some tips on that.

Overall I love the website and how helpful it has been even tho I'm not yet on the day 60 but I will keep on using it everytime I can. So, thank you!