View post (Electric Guitar for under $1000)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
10/18/2019 3:42 pm
Originally Posted by: angus.peterson.vt

I'm not looking for a specific style like strat, tele, LP. I want a guitar that is playable and fun.

I play blues, rock and metal and was just wondering if anyone could point out a must try guitar.

I know that you said you are not looking for a specific style. I would caution you, encourage you, to keep a smidgeon of your favorite style in the back of your mind when you go shopping. I assume that you are starting out. When you gain some experience playing you will appreciate having a guitar that will serve you for that genre you enjoy. When shopping that guitar that fits you, that feels good in the hands, is going to be playable. And, trust me, any new guitar is going to be fun. You're practice time is about to go up dramatically!

I have seen many threads like this where prople as for recommendations on a new guitar. Many, if not most, simply become polls of what people own. And I am presently guilty of this very thing as I type this.

I have become a huge fan of PRS guitars. I started out an LP guy, migrated to a Strat one before somewhat moving back to the LP camp. And then I tried a PRS. Their playability is amazing, their fit and finish impecable, and just gorgeous to look at.

To your requirements of under $1000 they have a line called "SE". They are made overseas, I think now in Indonesia. There is a YT video about the rigorous inspection procedure when the guitars arrive here. Here is a description of the 2020 models.. And knowing that you are not going to shop at Chicago Music Exchange, this will give you an idea of pricing. A little more info.

Good luck to you and have fun shopping. Let us know what you decide on.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45