Slight Slide Update

stevelankford313
Full Access
stevelankford313
Full Access
10/13/2019 8:18 am

Hey Mike, Don't want to be a bother but just in case any one else may wonder i did go to a GHS Precision flat wound 12-50. With a very slight raise on the bridge,not even enough to feel. And nothing done to the nut, So all in all i can barely feel the difference except for being quieter on the wound strings. So i can still chord and pick, now if i can just lighten up and get more accurate with the glass Thanks for help,as always Mike!............By the way i did use a Samick semi-strat / in line tuners / two humbuckers / rosewood neck /one volume, one tone /three way switch, stays in tune forever, and the best part is i gave 25 bucks for it...over.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
10/13/2019 1:25 pm

Thanks for the update - sounds like an great slide setup with low enough action to still fret notes and chords without too much difficulty - cheers!

And best of all, congrats on the smokin' deal!! There's nothing like acquiring a quality instrument at a ridiculous price!! Enjoy!

Mike

Originally Posted by: stevelankford313

Hey Mike, Don't want to be a bother but just in case any one else may wonder i did go to a GHS Precision flat wound 12-50. With a very slight raise on the bridge,not even enough to feel. And nothing done to the nut, So all in all i can barely feel the difference except for being quieter on the wound strings. So i can still chord and pick, now if i can just lighten up and get more accurate with the glass Thanks for help,as always Mike!............By the way i did use a Samick semi-strat / in line tuners / two humbuckers / rosewood neck /one volume, one tone /three way switch, stays in tune forever, and the best part is i gave 25 bucks for it...over.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.