View post (Why is the App such a let down?)

View thread

akscooby
akscooby
09/13/2019 6:48 pm

So full disclosure I am just trialing GT here as I try to decide what online resource to go with and part of my criteria is an app on my ipad so I can sit away from my computer desk with the ipad on stand.

However, the GT app whilst looks nice and has functions I like such as speed and markers on video.. is next to impossible to use since you have no way to track progress, bookmark anything or indeed look search for anything like the song you might try to learn between lessons. The best I can seem to manage is to pick up my last lesson... as long as I never looked at anything else after like a song or another lesson plan..

I have resorted to just using the website on my ipad which has the ability to look up progress and see where I actuall am so I can pick up where I left off no matter what the last thing I looked at was and can better see what is comming up etc. But doing so means the video function is back to being basic again with no markers or speed options (this only seems to be possible on desktop pc version of website)

Is it wrong to want the best of both together?

This same challenge seems to have been raised a while back from what I can find but seems the app staggers on being 'nice but dim'