View post (no help or interaction)

View thread

john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
12/05/2019 2:27 pm
Originally Posted by: fuzzb0x

The fact your user name is treated badly and your other posts were saying you find the lessons boring and can't be bothered to watch them makes me wonder how you think you will learn guitar at all. You probably can find everything you need on the internet for free if you spend enough time looking for it but it won't be giving you a structured approach to learning the instrument that you get from a subscription site.

Learning an instrument isn't easy and requires dedication and commitment, GT and other subscription sites give you a proven structured approach to learning plus a huge library of lessons from multiple instructors on other techniques for the instrument along with licenced song lessons for a very reasonable cost compared to private 1 on 1 lessons.

The website is clear and easy to navigate so I'm sure if you spend a bit more time having a good look around it you'll find lots of useful stuff here.

Impressively well stated, fuzzb0x.

Many don't understand that It takes effort, discipline and dedication to play guitar. Sooner or later a structured approach is mandatory.

I believe it's easier for some more than for others but not easy for anybody and for years I've had the Chet Atkins quotation below for my Forum Signature. To paraphrase Robert Earl Keen, 'the road goes on forever, the journey never ends.'

john

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins