View post (no help or interaction)

View thread

Dave-H
Dave-H
10/01/2019 5:18 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel[quote=mcchuck47]

this site is no different then any other guitar site,struggle,struggle,struggle,no assistance,other than post on a blog and hope someone encourages,you so they can continue to get your money.

I know I am new here but I have been here long enough to evaluate the program. I took guitar leasoons 50 years ago. I didn't learn guitar but that was not the instuctors fault. It was easy to blame the instructor for years But he did exactly what he was paid so handsomely to do - he taught. He was not paid to hold a whip over me and coerce me to practice. Could he have made the material more interesting? Surely, but the issue is, I never mastered the material he presented. So if you don't like the way the material is presented, do what I did -- quit. That's cool, but don't blame anyone but yourself. You even said it in your rant..."This site is no different then any other guitar site". The least common denominator between GT and all those other sites is YOU. GT and even "all those other sites" have produced a plethora of satisfied guitar players.[br][br]

Maybe You do need one-on-one instuction but that is expensive... as much per lesson, or more, as GT is per month. All the instuctor can do, different from GT, is tell you what you are doing wrong. If you don't listen to the instructor, will you say he is a bad instructor? Not to put too fine a point on it, but before the internet, many, many people learned guitar from books. The point was already pretty fine. You have to really want to learn guitar. Lots of homilies bear this out ... no pain, no gain, anything worth having is worth working for. The bottom line is there is always a cost that YOU must be willing to pay