View post (no help or interaction)

View thread

sgautier8th
Full Access
sgautier8th
Full Access
09/12/2019 9:31 pm

I thouhgt the Title of the Thread was some sort of joke. The GT instructors may take a few days at times, but they will always get back to you. Lisa and Chris are the quickest. Anders tours, so he can take weeks at times; don't know about the others.

I echo what others have said and we are ALL here for each other, so I hope you can feel the love brother. Is your guitar set up right for you? Do you have light strings and a low action to make it easier and more enjoyable to play (if you're not sure, for $40 at your local guitar store, they should put on new strings and set your action just right in about 30 minutes).

I'm not certain what you are referring to as a "2-finger" Barre chord, but I quit trying to learn Barre chords (and quit guitar) several times in my younger days (I am 51 now). It was only following Lisa's Fundamentals1 and Fundamentals2 courses (at age 50-51) that got me over that hump and many many more. There are lots of cool things in the lessons, like being able to print, open the tab in a separate window, create a loop in the video to practice a certain part, slow the video waaaayyyy down, that you learn as you go and I was also a little frustrated when I started (this past February), but take a little time to explore the site and all the bells and whistles. There are way more lessons than what are indexed in the Courses and if you ask the instructors for help on particular things, they will usually give you links to some more lessons on exactly what you need!

This is a great community here at GT.