View post (no help or interaction)

View thread

ShakeShakeTune
ShakeShakeTune
09/12/2019 8:21 am
Originally Posted by: mcchuck47

I do enjoy what I can play. I joined GT because I thought I was missing some of the basics and needed more structure rather than trying too be so independent, Lisa's teachings are awesome I have taken lessons a while back and members of other teachings, Justin Guitar, Guitar Zoom and Blues Unleashed, all great too learn from by the way. its like I get too GCD and can change chords ok and thats where I hit the brick wall. I think alot of it is selve confidence and probably more mental than anything and no one too really share with> I can play a few songs and blues melodies, 2 finger barre chords and keep rythm sometimes. I need to get over expectations and just play and stay dedicated. Thanks everyone

While I'm in no position giving advice , what works for me is to have the mantra of " suck less every day" by lowering your expectations you focus more on the process and enjoy the ride , being too self critical can lead to frustration

[br]Here are some of the best quotes I know for pursuing any creative endovers. [br][br]“All of us who do creative work, we get into it because we have good taste. But it’s like there is this gap. For the first couple years that you’re making stuff, what you’re making isn’t so good. It’s not that great. It’s trying to be good, it has ambition to be good, but it’s not that good. But your taste, the thing that got you into the game, is still killer. Your taste is good enough that you can tell that what you’re making is kind of a disappointment to you. A lot of people never get past that phase. They quit."[br][br]And a bonus one. [br]"“Talent is a pursued interest. Anything that you're willing to practice, you can do.” said Bob Ross one of the finest painters of all time.