View post (no help or interaction)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
08/31/2019 9:51 pm
Originally Posted by: mcchuck47

this site is no different then any other guitar site,struggle,struggle,struggle,no assistance,other than post on a blog and hope someone encourages,you so they can continue to get your money.

Undeniably more skeptical than most, and never a sycophant, I can be critical when deserved even where it goes against the social grain, but you're way off target here mcchuck47.

Any musical instrument including guitar is 90% disciplined self-practice to accomplish the skill taught, including via any online tutorial method. The only aspect of that missing on GT with a subscription is direct [u]real time immediate interaction[/u] with a tutor face to literal face as in one on one. But then, you knew that when you signed up, ...didn't you? You can have that here at GT too, if you determine you need it and are prepared to pay for it?

To mention but two, in particular in terms of help (& encouragement), notably and commendably Christopher Schlegel is particularly active in these forums. he'll usually get back to any reasonable question asked in elaborative detail within a day. Other than the immediacy factor, you'd be hard pressed to find a better tutor anywhere, which is approbation of the highest indeed as as a love me or loath me trait, I'm a pretty tough taskmaster, on myself and others.

Lisa McCormick is the 'Mistress of Endless Encouragement' in her tutorials and forums. If you haven't noticed that over the past three weeks you've been a Full Access member, a person would have to either not be watching the lessons and paying attention, or deaf and blind.

Then there are the other members here who've already walked the mile in your shoes, who are, predominantly, helpful.

Note the response your post has 'attracted'? Do you think perhaps that the root problem with your negative 'user experience' might lie with your attitude, application and expectation rather than attributable to anything external?

All the best on your journey, whichever path you decide to take.

ManXcat