Starting a band

OldSkoolPunk02
OldSkoolPunk02
10/19/2000 7:13 am
Ok heres my ? Im not good enought for a band yet, but I was wondering what do you need to gig? I know Pa, Amps, Mics, basics stuff. Anything else? I heard you got to mic the amps.. Why? I plan on haveing a half stack before I join a band... In my town the only place to play is house parties.. So a half stack should be enough.. Laterz

------------------
Is it just me or does life suck? Maybe I suck and it just life? We shall never know...
Up with dope! Down with hope!
A guitar is like a woman, touch her right, and she shall sing.
Is it just me or does life suck? Maybe I suck and it just life? We shall never know...
Up with dope! Down with hope!
A guitar is like a woman, touch her right, and she shall sing.
# 1

10/19/2000 7:30 pm
If you're just going to be playing in people's houses, you probably won't need a half stack. You could probably do fine with a combo or even just a practice amp.
# 2
Rat520
Rat520
10/20/2000 5:14 am
The best set-up for a house band situation would probably just be a combo or something. I'v done gigs with my schools equipment and a valve-stave 65 watt is perfect. A PA system would be good but if you have a mixer and a loud Keyboard amp it isn't vital, anyway i think you should join a band as soon as you can, because when you are playing with other people you get better alot faster and it reflects on your own playing.

Anyway have fun that's what it's all about
Adrian
"You know, we do more than just sing and dance. We've got a brain, too."
Backstreet Boys
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.