View post (Hi Everyone)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
08/09/2019 9:02 pm

Thank you Nick. Not that I can take any credit for it, but the colour and finish look much better in reality than that image represents. This might offer a more accurate representation. The body really is Alder according to spec, and my comparative assessment of its weight.

Decent unit regardless, incredible for the price. Aldi just passing on the meat in the pie to consumers as a loss leader inducement to come shop with them instead of gorging on it themselves. They do a musical instruments promo annually in Feb. Illustrative just how much margin distributors are enjoying even at low end, (r)etailers not so much.

Not so lucky in my neck of the woods, but the previous year (Feb 2017), some picked it up on closeout for ....wait for it....AUD$40! If only I could have when I bought.(2018). I'd have bought another or two as project unit/spare neck. Word having spread to the disbelievers over the previous two years, in 2019 methinks there were lots of folk waiting in anticipation, but Aldi didn't do any electric guitars in their musical instruments and gear promo this year.

Curiosity begs. What colour bodies are your two units? If you like Rory Gallagher, you might be interested in this guy's channel. Dave's an 'interesting' character, he plays like you and I might dream. I don't really like the word fan, but I'm inspired by Clapton, Moore, Beck too adding Jeff Lynne to that list, even if the horse with any realistic probability of being in that class of player skill or achievement race has long bolted.