View post (HELLO GUITAR WORLD)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
08/06/2019 3:51 am

Hi James,

Not that I'm one in any position to criticise GAS, but achieving the objective you state as your current primary objective has everything to do with just getting stuck into & focussing upon the doing with any guitar which fits more than anything else.

[br]It doesn't need to be expensive.

[br]I have a bevy of instruments to choose from, but the honest to goodness truth is my USD $66 'Aldicaster' would be just fine for that and is for much much more. Personally having played both, I think it's a better player than an (Squier) Affinity Tele. Think Squier Tele Classic Vibe fret finish and tones, but with an Affinity spec. neck profile, nut width & flatter 12.5" radius. I really enjoy playing it and often choose it from my 'armoury'.

So just pick one that fits, set it up and put your energy into doing with GT. Truthfully, IMV your Squier Strat will do the job you need to just fine. Here's Dave reviewing the capability of humble Bullet Strat. Instrument = weak link = no.

The motivation to persist through adversity, has to come from within and is driven by really enjoying the doing IMV. Success follows which reinforces enthusiasm which in turn revolves as a perpetual cycle. That's the key I've discovered is working for me ...seemingly effortlessly.

[br]GL with it all, and most of all enjoy the challenges which will come.