View post (HELLO GUITAR WORLD)

View thread

casper27292
casper27292
08/05/2019 1:43 am

Hello folks, My name is James = (Screen name casper27292)

A little about me

I am 46 years old, A husband of 24 years this Oct 30, and a father of 2 grown children, and a great Uncle of a beautiful little 2 year old I am raising, My dad played the guitar and I was always intriqued by watching him and others play, he taught me a few chords when i was younger, and i could never stick with trying to learn, but for some reason, it's different this time, I feel as if I am more dedicated, I recieved my first guitar about 3 weeks ago through the monster energy promotion, Got me a Schecter diamond series flying V, Hardest guitar ever trying to learn on, mostly uncomfortable because of the shape, so i bought a Fender Squire Stratocaster, and traded for a Oscar Schmidt electric acoustic, So I am in it for the long haul, I am determined to not only be able to play, but to be able to pick a tune and play a solo when i want, I ran across Guitartricks.com and tried their free sessions available, it seemed to be a little helpful, but it was really hard to tell, and i was skeptical about paying for anything online, But I really hope this is what I need to help me progress, Youtube is okay, but it seems every video the person plays a bit different and their chords don't always match and they are contradictive, so here I am. Hopefully it will pay off. we shall see.

But anyways, It's a pleasure to be here and I look forward to engaging in convos with some of you guitar loving folks out their. Have a beautiful month of August and have a blessed and wonderful day

Best regards: James

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded."

[br]"Jimi Hendrix"