View post (Suggestions For Pup's)

View thread

bookas58
bookas58
08/05/2019 7:26 am

Hello to Manxcat . From reading some of your previous posts , I gather you are in Darwin . One of my old stomping grounds . If you are looking for pickups , give Mick Breirley a go . He's based in Adelaide , good prices and great product . Good thing about Mick is if you are not happy you can send them back and he will give them a tweak to get the sound you want . So far I have put his P90's in two builds , his B90's ( humbucker sized P90's ) in a Tele and a set of Modern Hot A2's into a Maton MS 2000 . All of them are great . A lot of the guys on the Aussie Guitar Gear Heads forum are using them . A word of warning they are bloody loud ! Don't know what his secret is , but even though all the one's I have installed are somewhat hotter than the norm , they maintain their clarity . On Stephen White's recommendation I replaced the bridge humbucker in an Ibanez SA360Q with a Seynour Duncan Pearly Gates and was quite pleased with the result . The Modern Hot A2's in the Maton MS2000 are just as good . Just Google Breirley Guitar Pickups and he has sound clips and video's on the site . The down if any is , it takes about 6 weeks from the time of payment to get them . He doesn't keep them in stock , he makes them to order .