AC/MO !

stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
07/19/2019 2:39 am

Wow Mike.............when you promised you would attack AC/DC and conduct lessons for us....Hells Bells you weren't joking around, man!! These are killer...........plus I can immediately utilize a ton of soloing concepts you've delivered on the 'Back in Black' solo (along with combining Tom Finch's equally dynamo soloing lesson on Jimmy Page's phenomenal "You Shook Me" solo also in E..........which is very worthy for all to check out both these great lessons and see what I mean...........) and just have near limitless soloing concepts over a bluesy rock tune of my own!! Great stuff!! It's amazing to me.....and please don't take this the wrong way.......how the timing and tone and everything specifically on the intro to "Back in Black" befuddled me all these years yet here in a few minutes of paying close attention to your lesson........I won't say piece of cake but I will say it suddenly becomes very clear and broken down doable for me!! I love hw you further break down the songs and explain how Angus would initially follow the chords or why he'd change octaves or use bends............it's all great!! You sir can now have the weekend off!! You deserve it!! How's that grab you!!?? Jim C.

# 1
robzohrab
robzohrab
07/19/2019 4:47 am

So stoked to get back from work to find these new songs to learn! thanks Mike!

# 2
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
07/19/2019 9:07 am
Originally Posted by: stratmanjimbo

Wow Mike.............when you promised you would attack AC/DC and conduct lessons for us....Hells Bells you weren't joking around, man!! These are killer...........plus I can immediately utilize a ton of soloing concepts you've delivered on the 'Back in Black' solo (along with combining Tom Finch's equally dynamo soloing lesson on Jimmy Page's phenomenal "You Shook Me" solo also in E..........which is very worthy for all to check out both these great lessons and see what I mean...........) and just have near limitless soloing concepts over a bluesy rock tune of my own!! Great stuff!! It's amazing to me.....and please don't take this the wrong way.......how the timing and tone and everything specifically on the intro to "Back in Black" befuddled me all these years yet here in a few minutes of paying close attention to your lesson........I won't say piece of cake but I will say it suddenly becomes very clear and broken down doable for me!! I love hw you further break down the songs and explain how Angus would initially follow the chords or why he'd change octaves or use bends............it's all great!! You sir can now have the weekend off!! You deserve it!! How's that grab you!!?? Jim C.

Amazing Lessons!

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/19/2019 1:12 pm

Thanks everyone!!! Getting to teach these classics was an absolute blast! I'm so glad you're all enjoying them!

Cheers!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
07/21/2019 2:48 pm

Have to add my thanks as well Mike. I'm like a kid in a candy store

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 5
DanL1553
Full Access
DanL1553
Full Access
07/21/2019 11:36 pm

Go away for a week to upstate New York, and return to find three more of my favorite AC/DC songs. Goodie goodie goodie and thanks.

# 6
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/23/2019 11:59 am

Right on William and Dan -- Enjoy!!!!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 7
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
W O L V E R I N E
Full Access
07/23/2019 1:15 pm

Another rock player so very thankful to Mike for helping me correct riffs I've been playing wrong for years. really digging these lessons and Mike's teaching style! [br][br]

wolverine

# 8
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/24/2019 12:54 pm

Thanks Wolverine!! Preparing to teach some of these songs forces me to correct the riffs I've been playing wrong all along as well haha!!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: W O L V E R I N E

Another rock player so very thankful to Mike for helping me correct riffs I've been playing wrong for years. really digging these lessons and Mike's teaching style! [br][br]

wolverine

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 9
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
07/24/2019 1:30 pm

I still say Mike could have donned the beanie, tie and of course those classic shorts and bounced wildly across the stage performing his AC/DC lessons to add that last bit of authenticity for us!! Isn't this how you always practice, M.O.!!!?? Jim C.

https://wynstep.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/angus-young-in-shorts.jpg?w=640

# 10
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/25/2019 11:31 am

Haha!! Funny you should bring that up -- back on AC/DC's Who Made Who tour (1986), the first song had 8 contest winners up on the stage doing the "Angus" in full schoolboy uniforms with cardboard guitars as Angus entered in a glass elevator. And yes, yours truly was one of them :):)

I still say Mike could have donned the beanie, tie and of course those classic shorts and bounced wildly across the stage performing his AC/DC lessons to add that last bit of authenticity for us!! Isn't this how you always practice, M.O.!!!?? Jim C.

https://wynstep.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/angus-young-in-shorts.jpg?w=640

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 11
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
07/25/2019 2:16 pm

Obvious question, Mike: Did you win???!!!

Jim

# 12
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/25/2019 6:53 pm

Yes I was one of 8 Angus clones up there - we had to have the moves down to win!!

Obvious question, Mike: Did you win???!!!

Jim

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 13
rickymurphy
rickymurphy
07/26/2019 6:16 am

Haha lol Mike, now that is a fantastic story!!! I tried to find it on YouTube, but I didn't find any footage of it.

Thanks for the lessons, it was GREAT to find 3 ACDC songs added. As a great fan of ACDC, I think they are the best tuition material to be found worldwide. I am thinking especially on the outro licks for example of Hells Bells and the fact that every song is played through, and that every detail is explained in full and at a slow pace.

I do find it a pity that the most known songs like Highway To Hell and Back In Black are covered, just because of the fact that these very known songs to a wider audience are covered by many other sources.

May I live with the hope that other ACDC songs like High Voltage, Bad Boy Boogie, Riff Raff, Problem Child could also get a tutorial in the future, Mike?

I do fear for this, as when I look at the Stone Temple Pilots songs, I notice there are many covered, but the ones I especially look out for (like Sex Type Thing and Dead And Bloated) don't seem to make it no more to a tutorial.

Having said all this, I am now about ten years a member, and this site is just getting better and better!

Thanks !!!

# 14
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/26/2019 11:27 am

Thanks - so glad you're digging the lessons!! And I am 100% with you on getting more songs (both AC/DC and STP) but as you know GT has to get publisher approvals for everything which is a difficult process. I encourage you to keep leaving your requests on the Song Request Forum and hopefully there's enough interest for GT to secure more great tunes!!

Cheers and thank you for your 10 years of membership!!!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: rickymurphy

Haha lol Mike, now that is a fantastic story!!! I tried to find it on YouTube, but I didn't find any footage of it.

Thanks for the lessons, it was GREAT to find 3 ACDC songs added. As a great fan of ACDC, I think they are the best tuition material to be found worldwide. I am thinking especially on the outro licks for example of Hells Bells and the fact that every song is played through, and that every detail is explained in full and at a slow pace.

I do find it a pity that the most known songs like Highway To Hell and Back In Black are covered, just because of the fact that these very known songs to a wider audience are covered by many other sources.

May I live with the hope that other ACDC songs like High Voltage, Bad Boy Boogie, Riff Raff, Problem Child could also get a tutorial in the future, Mike?

I do fear for this, as when I look at the Stone Temple Pilots songs, I notice there are many covered, but the ones I especially look out for (like Sex Type Thing and Dead And Bloated) don't seem to make it no more to a tutorial.

Having said all this, I am now about ten years a member, and this site is just getting better and better!

Thanks !!!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 15
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/26/2019 11:36 am

I just checked out YouTube and was surprised to see a few live videos of that song in '86. It was the opening song of the concert, and the only footage where you can kind of see other people dressed as Angus onstsage is the Irvine Meadows one -- but it's very hard to see because the lighting is so bad.

We were positioned all across the back riser behind the drums, and then Angus came up the elevator in the middle

I also suspect they didn't do this every show, maybe only some of the cities on the tour, because there are other videos where there's is definitely nobody else on stage.

Sorry for rambling on with my nostaligia haha!!

Mike

Originally Posted by: rickymurphy

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 16
stratmanjimbo
stratmanjimbo
07/26/2019 1:22 pm

1986!!?? Call sign "Maverick" was all the rage at the box office.........."Top Gun" to those who weren't around..........hard to believe it's pushing 35 years since this great time.......when Van Halen was really Van Halen and in their prime still!! Oh...and the stores ran out of hair spray especially in New Jersey where it was particularly Slippery When Wet!!! :>) Jim C.

# 17
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/27/2019 2:12 pm

LOL Jim haha!

1986!!?? Call sign "Maverick" was all the rage at the box office.........."Top Gun" to those who weren't around..........hard to believe it's pushing 35 years since this great time.......when Van Halen was really Van Halen and in their prime still!! Oh...and the stores ran out of hair spray especially in New Jersey where it was particularly Slippery When Wet!!! :>) Jim C.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 18
Oddball1965
Oddball1965
07/28/2019 6:49 pm

Thanks for the AC/DC lessons Mike!!

# 19
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/30/2019 12:52 am

My pleasure!!!

Originally Posted by: Oddball1965

Thanks for the AC/DC lessons Mike!!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.