View post (One year anniversary)

View thread

JeffS65
JeffS65
06/03/2019 3:36 pm

Lucky man to have a wife that's so supportive. Mine is too but I do think I've stretched the limits of the 'I don't think I need any more guitars...'...I've had to amend that to 'I don't need any more guitars this year...' She still gives me the 'Um, right' look ....though not too seriously. She's a music lover, learning instruments herself and totally gets me and guitars.

With that said, it's all about the playing. Great that you're really digging playing. There's a point when it 'clicks'. It may not be a lightening bolt moment, or it might. For me, I got it pretty early on with a 'hey, I really think I can do this...'. It's funny because you will always have those moments throughout your playing. Like learning the Ghost song quickly. It happens when you successfully expand to something new. You also become less fearful of learning something new.

Ya just gotta get over that first hump to the revelation that you are now a player. That first hill is the hardest and once you're over, it all becomes less scary and you build more confidence as you go along.

Glad you're having fun!