View post (Fretting hand tension)

View thread

skaiser1200
skaiser1200
03/31/2019 12:15 pm

Hi,

i have this one issue that I can’t keep my left hand relaxed while playing. I have the guitar on my right leg, and once I lay my elbow on the body of the guitar it rotates Forward. Meaning the neck pointing more to a point in front of my body. [br]When i then put my left hand on the fretboard it feels like I’m trying to pull the neck back with my left hand.[br]so I have these anchoring points[br][olist][br]

• guitar on my right leg[br]
  • elbow on guitar[br]
  • left Hand on the fretboard[br][/olist]

while i don’t feel the left hand should have any job in anchoring the guitar. the only pressure I should feel in my left hand is the fingers pressing down on the frets.It just slows me down a lot and I can’t get my pinky to work properly with this.[br]i do feel that I result in this strange tilted position because I have a bit of a gut. Meaning my guitar sits further away from my body. Then I put my elbow on it which makes it tilt a lot.

trying to put the guitar on my left leg, my left hand has a completely different angle coming to the fretboard and I don’t know if that’s any good.

any tips here?