Which record company is your favorite?

metalisbest
metalisbest
10/23/2002 12:20 am
I know most people don't pay attention to the companies, but I have noticed that Roadrunner Records has put a lot of good bands out that have become successful. Which is your fav?
# 1
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
10/23/2002 9:52 am
Sharpnel (spelling) have some amazing guitarplayers. I like Geffen too.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 2
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
10/23/2002 11:45 pm
Geffen, they have or had most o fthe big names, from gnr to nirvana, beatles...well lennon at least etc.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 3
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
10/24/2002 7:24 am
Record companies are pure evil. At least all the one's making money, I don't believe that they care the least bit about music anymore. They only care about marketing something completely fake that will sell. They are the one's responsible for shoving all this teenage pop music down our throats. Does anyone remember when MTV was cool? I sure do, I'd come home from school and they'd play real honest-to-God rock music. That was years ago. Now it's either crummy rappers who come out of nowhere to make a video informing us of how rich they are, how many bentleys they own, and how many ho's they banged at the club last night. Or two-bit teenage pop sluts whose only real talents are making cocks hard. Not to get off on a rant here, (although I realize it's waaaaaaaay too late for that) but what gives with these stupid girls thinking they can play guitar. I'm talking specifically about Avril lavigne, Shakira, Michelle Branch, etc...(Ani Defranco is an exception) It makes me sick to see them standing in their videos holding electric guitars and acting like they can play them. Who do they think they are? Rockstars???? I remember rock stars. I remember hearing about excess sex, drugs, and trashed hotel rooms. These dumb girls get billed as rock stars when they aren't the least bit deserving of this hallowed title. When will this madness end? I realize there is still good music being made, but it really bothers me that you have to go digging so hard to find it. I've been waiting for the next "Nirvana" for a long time now. When will they get here??? When will everyone realize that listening to all this pre-processed garbage out there now is doing nothing more than numbing our minds to this screwed-up world we live in??? Skyscrapers have fallen, we're about to get into a nasty war with Iraq, there's a godd*mn sniper on the loose near the Nation's capital, and all I can listen to is some talentless 17-year-old sing about her skater boi? Give me a break. We all deserve much better.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 4
metalisbest
metalisbest
10/24/2002 9:33 pm
I agree with you all the way except, if you have noticed that it is the same record companies putting out those fakes, and they never seem to fail. My question is where is the next Alice in Chains?
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.