Functionality Frustrations

jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
01/30/2019 6:50 am

im sure I’m not the only one here that is having difficulty with the fact that tabs can’t be printed out AND the tabs don’t scroll along with the music in the lesson. How are we supposed to play through songs? You practically have to memorize the tab before trying to play through a song. I realize that eventually you need to have it memorized but not instantly. Very frustrating!

I doubt I’ll renew my membership at the end of my year for this reason alone.

Anybody know if there are plans to improve the user experience?

# 1
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
01/30/2019 4:16 pm

Hey jsn.hgl, thanks for the post about this.

In regards to printing the notation, we can't offer that because we have legal agreements with music publishers that tell us we can't. I wish we could, but it's not allowed.

We do have tabs that scroll along with the video though! It's a feature on our new lesson page. The new lesson page isn't default (as of today), so you need to click the green bar on the regular lesson page to see it.

Here's an example: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=28553&s_id=2416&view=wide

We haven't added the auto-scroll to every song yet, but we are working on it! Our team is going through the song library and doing them in order of popularity. We are just adding it to the play-along lessons for now.

Let me know if you have any questions about the auto-scroll feature!

# 2
jsn.hgl
jsn.hgl
01/30/2019 6:35 pm
Originally Posted by: Ben Martin

Hey jsn.hgl, thanks for the post about this.

In regards to printing the notation, we can't offer that because we have legal agreements with music publishers that tell us we can't. I wish we could, but it's not allowed.

We do have tabs that scroll along with the video though! It's a feature on our new lesson page. The new lesson page isn't default (as of today), so you need to click the green bar on the regular lesson page to see it.

Here's an example: https://www.guitartricks.com/lesson.php?input=28553&s_id=2416&view=wide

We haven't added the auto-scroll to every song yet, but we are working on it! Our team is going through the song library and doing them in order of popularity. We are just adding it to the play-along lessons for now.

Let me know if you have any questions about the auto-scroll feature!

Thanks for the quick reply!

Glad to hear that his issue is being addressed. I guess I am just hitting up the less popular tunes! Story of my life really haha. For example, worked on “Human Fly” by The Cramps last night. No auto scrolling so I got frustrated.

Thanks again for the info.

~Jason

# 3
Ben Martin
Administrator
Ben Martin
Administrator
01/31/2019 6:41 pm

Fun, that's a great song Jason!

We will eventually have the auto-scroll feature everywhere, but we thought it made sense to go in order of popularity so we haven't gotten to that one yet.

Let me know if anything else comes up!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.